--Alfred's encouragment to LarryBoy in LarryBoy and the Rumor Weed
Archibald "Archie" Benson the Asparagus is LarryBoy's butler, also known By his psuedo-superhero name, "Alfred." He is good with mechanecal devices and computers. He has a bit of a tolerance for LarryBoy's behavior, probably because he makes up his own jokes and watches Top Banana too many times to care about what LarryBoy does. He is also known to be a good friend to the citizens of Bumblyburg as he has done things for them over the years, such as telling stories to children. He's been known to ride his scooter around Bumblyburg. In The League of Incredible Vegetables, he was seen flying the Larry-Copter.
In VeggieTales in the House, Archibald is actually the mayor of the little town in the house instead of LarryBoy's butler.
He is voiced by Phil Vischer.
- The name "Alfred" is the same name of Batman's butler.
- Alfred's worst fear is a power outage in the LarryCave, which is a reference to LarryBoy and The Fib From Outer Space, when Alfred accidentally pulled out the plug on the computer, just as he was about to find the way to stop the lie. It is believed that Alfred's fear was to be addressed in The League of Incredible Vegetables, but due to time restrictions, the plot-point was cut. Part of it is still in the film, though, when Vogue asks Alfred about why he's using the hover chair, to which he replies that it's so much easier with technology.
- His favorite super hero is LarryBoy.
- His super vehicle is his hovering office chair.
- He is British, confirmed by him in LarryBoy and the Rumor Weed, when he said "I'm not a robot! I'm British!"
- He and Bok Choy were roommates at Eggsford University.
- In the VeggieTales in the House episodes, Alfred is actually Mayor Archibald for the Veggies' Town in a house. Bob the Tomato and Junior Asparagus take over his position as helpers of LarryBoy.
- Alfred's last name was revealed in the League of Incredible Vegetables Super Comic— Benson.
- Alfred is actually played by Archibald Asparagus, making him the only one not called by his real name with the exception of all the other characters, who are the characters of the original VeggieTales series and are called by their actual names.